View Single Post
Old
09-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Not sure why MacT stated on tsn that he's just going to patch this center issue up internally. There are plenty of options that could fill in for the top 6 during injuries. Then when we get healthy they push players like Acton down the depth chart.

Possible options;

Wellwood
Colborne
Mitchell
Connolly
He also said yesterday that he's always watching the waiver wire and may consider a small trade if something becomes avaliable. Go to the Oilers website and check out his presser, he made it seem very apparent that he's willing to get somebody if it makes sense. But like he said there's only so many contract spots and when the guys come back you don't want to be stuck with a guy you don't want. In saying that i'd sign Prospal or probably pick a checker on waivers/through trade, Acton just doesn't do it for me. I do agree with MacT though the upgrade needs to be significant so guys like Connolly (he sucked in the AHL last year ffs), Wellwood, and maybe even Mitchell don't really do it for me. Colborne's age/potential is intriguing enough for me not to immediately write off but the other guys ain't that special either. Arcobello has been good enough that they shouldn't be picking up waiver wire/UFA offensive centers. Lets not forget neither Nuge or Gagner should be out too long and it's a long season. So yeah a Zack Smith for the 4th line would be great but a Tim Connolly not so much.