View Single Post
Old
09-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
I agree with Darth above but let me put it another way...
do we have the horse to go far in the playoffs. Who do we have that isa proven point per game in the playoff?

Plekanec
Bourque
Gionta
hasn't shown us anything in the playoffs

The gally's
Patch
Eller
Desharnais
doesn't have much experience in the playoffs

Brière is the ONLY guy who's a proven point per game in the playoffs and he is on his decline. Who's our Calder up front? and i'm talking now not next year or the year after that.

Our go to guy's are simply too young for a deep playoff run right now so what should we do? trade Galchenyuk Gallagher? Eller? Patch or Plekanec to get the experience we need? because that's the cost.

We are not a deep playoff team right now. Simple as that.
Plekanec was very good the year we beat out Pittsburgh and Washington. He played a lot of tough minutes against their top line and helped shut down their best players while also chipping in 11 points. Last yeat he had 4 points in 5 games, he had little help at center with Eller out and Desharnais struggling.

I think the Habs have something on offense that's good for playoff success in having 3 lines that can score, unfortunately by the 3rd game of the playoffs Eller Gionta Prust were all either out or useless and Pacioretty also played with a separated shoulder. Ryder turned into a ghost. No team can survive that many losses at one position, especially at playoff time.

As was stated above this year is not a "now or never" year but I think we have the assets to go a couple rounds and get the young guys some experience.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote