View Single Post
Old
09-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm not obsessed with size...I just happen to think he's a terrible dman.

No one can convince me that Bouillon is better than Tinordi at this point...Bouillon has his spot in the lineup cemented because of his relationship with Therrien, not because he earned anything
You obviously have some kind of bias against him. How is he a terrible d-man? He is smart defensively, moves the puck well and plays a lot bigger than his size.

I know a lot of hockey people, guys that have played or coached at a high level and none has ever said he is a terrible d-man. In fact some have said he was a big part of last year's improvemenent on defense, not just in terms of his on ice contribution but being a leader with the younger guys(Diaz Emelin Subban etc). Sure, he isn't a guy you want playing 23-25 minutes a game, but as a #5-6 he is very good, he can play in any situation and not hurt the team. Plus he can step up to the 2nd pair for a 5-10 game stretch in case of injuries. At 1.5 mil he's a bargain.

Tinordi has shown nice improvement in the preseason but from what I saw last year he had a long way to go to be as reliable as Bouillon. Tinordi has huge upside but he is still quite raw.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote