View Single Post
Old
09-25-2013, 10:29 AM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Perron's play is making me realize how worthless our 2nd round picks are in terms of what they're bringing us.

I mean other than Petry (anomaly for this franchise) - we haven't really done much with 2nd round picks in the past 10 years.

McDonald, JFJ, Paukovich, Tesliuk, Chorney, Lander, Pitlick, Marincin, Musil, Moroz, Roy.

These guys have all done nothing.

Other teams do a great job of making finds in the 2nd round. We don't. Management has to have realized this. There are 2 solutions to this:

1) Major shake-up with the scouts
2) Start dealing the picks to teams that value them.

If you could swing an MPS-for-Perron type deal every year using 2nd round picks - this team would be a factory for success.
^i hear yuh about our 2nd round picks....very disappointed that Lander has a golden opportunity to play center with us missing 2 of them and he STILL can't make the team! but don't give up too quickly on Marincin though. he looked great during the pre season and for sure has a future here, hopefully as a productive d-man. i wish the Oilers would be more carefull with their 2nd round picks and stop taking slew foots like Lander and Musil, both of who are question marks to ever play here because of lack of foot speed.