Old
09-25-2013, 12:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
That's a little harsh. Mez hasn't been good the last two seasons, but a lot of that is due to injuries. I'm not sure if anyone can confidently say that he'll get back to playing anywhere close to the way he did from 2009-2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
I do understand what he is saying tbh, though two years is a very slight exaggeration.

The last time anyone saw the 'real' Mez play was March the 1st 2012, the game where he tore up the Islanders and played v well.

In the fifteen? or so games he has played in the last 19 months... which says a lot in itself, he has not been anywhere close to his old self, and has had some nasty injuries in addition to the original one.

It would be understandable if people around the league would be extremely sceptical as to what kind of player he is now, and if can he get back to how he was.

I hope he can, I like the guy, when healthy he is exciting, a good puck mover and a D man who can contribute offensively at even strength and hit like a truck, though his D is average.
Both of these things are true, for sure. I'm in no way saying that Mez is the same guy he was before his injuries two seasons ago. What I am saying is that he is a good player coming off an injury. Outside of the last game, he hasn't looked bad at all. He hasn't been dominant by any means, but he's been good enough to show that he's not finished. I certainly don't think he is going to be as difficult to trade as people are thinking simply because he has been injured.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote