View Single Post
Old
09-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Adriatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Pretty much. You can say whatever you want about Montréal being a hockey city and not a sports city, look how popular soccer became in the past five years. It's growing exponentially. Pierceval-Molson stadium is full for playoff games.

With baseball and hockey seasons not overlapping, and with Montréal geographical situation (close to Toronto, Boston and New York) it could easily work.. they just need to be in the same league as the Jays.

There's a lot of tourists during summer in Montréal... with a stadium downtown, I'm sure they could attract decent crowd.

Also, one of the reason the Expos werent popular in the last years is because of poor media coverage. I believe TV contract were too expensive and RDS could only afford to broadcast a few games. Now TVA Sports is eager for quality airing... both channels could broadcast fifty fifty. Maybe not every game but enough to interest people into it.

I'd be so thrilled. I already am and it's not happening before 5-10 years but I'm already excited.
Alouettes don't even sell out the smallest stadium in CFL and they are a winning franchise. Impact had bad attendance last year, had to slash prices and they still give away a lot of their tickets. A few losing seasons and Impact won't attract cats. Habs couldn't sell out Bell Center in downtown Montreal when they were going through tough times. Baseball is great idea for the first year when the novelty is still fresh or until the team starts losing.

Adriatic is online now   Reply With Quote