View Single Post
Old
09-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
I didn't really follow hockey closely enough when Plekanec played for the Bulldogs and first got called up to the NHL, so I was wondering if people, who can remember Plekanec as the player he was then, could comment on the similarities/differences. Did Plekanec already have that finesse and confidence with his puck handling ? I can see that they are both defensively aware and can create scoring chances with speed and good positioning thanks to good hockey sense. Also, from what I can interpret from the statistic, Plekanec seemed to join the Bulldogs when they were a very strong team and managed to produce very well as a 20 y.o. and then lead the team in scoring the next year on yet another strong bulldog squad. By contrast, Bournival seemed to play well on a weak Bulldog squad last year and will be given a prominent role on the team this year if he gets sent down. Basically, I'm wondering if he might not develop in a similar way to Plekanec and surprisingly become a viable top-6 option with excellent defensive abilities.
I don't remember his 2 games stint in the NHL but I remember him from the AHL and NHL debut... He was pretty much what you see now. The way he saw the ice is what got me going at first... For now, I can say he looked like Leblanc looked in the Q, if you watched him.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote