Old
09-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
It certainly is worth considering. I'm not saying those games are meaningless, but they are also not the end-all-be-all for Mez. He's 27 years old and the majority of his career he has been a very good defender in this league. 500+ games prior to an injury, in my opinion, are more valuable than 11 games after an injury. Especially when the player is relatively young. Yes, he may never return to his old form. He may never even come close. He may never play a regular season NHL game again. But for me, I'm more confident that a solid player, under 30, can rebound.

You obviously are of the opinion of "what have you done for me lately?" Mez is toast because coming back from injury in a shortened season he didn't look good. Gus is legit based on 60 NHL games. I go with larger sample sizes. Oh well. We'll see what happens.
That larger sample size might be meaningless because Mez's injuries might have made him a different player. When a guy is markedly and consistently less effective every time he comes back from injuries and continues to rack up more injuries it sets off alarm bells.

The only way to be sure is to give him a roster spot and see how it goes. At 4 million dollars that's an excessively risky experiment to run.

Edit: I haven't seen a lot of PS games, but from what I can gather from comments here we have one crappy player for a lot of money, and another crappy player for less money. I'd rather pay less to eat crap if I've absolutely got to eat crap.