View Single Post
09-25-2013, 02:09 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Gus isn't waiver exempt and would be scooped up quickly.
This is my biggest concern. Sitting as the 7th does him no good cause he has always started seasons slowly and gotten better (significantly) as the seasons have progressed, in other words he needs to play. So if he's not getting that playing time at the 6th d-man and he can't get it in the AHL I don't know what to say. I'm hoping Gus can build off his good 3rd period last night, not to mention is solid play on the 5 on 3 in the first.

I think playing time will also help Mez but honestly I can't be confident that he'll ever be the player he was after back, shoulder and achilles problems. There's also the fact that he's carrying that 4 mil price tag. I know with Pronger on LTIR we're fine but that little breathing room would be nice come trade deadline.

I realize Grossmann has similar health concerns but I wouldn't consider moving him unless someone was willing to offer something good. He's looked pretty damn good so far and he was a rock before his injury last season and the year before, the same can't be said for Mez.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote