View Single Post
Old
09-25-2013, 06:39 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
Haley just didn't seem to mesh with anyone. I want him to improve and stick around, but throwing around a bunch of random hits and "showing heart' isn't good enough.
Agreed. Mashinter has impressed me, much more than Haley. Which is surprising, because coming in I had Haley above Asham and Mashinter.

I think Asham has looked good as well.

A 4th line of Asham-Moore-Dorsett is about as nasty as it gets, while having grit and skill.

Powe hasn't shown me anything. I'd send him down/waive him. Keep the cheaper Mashinter around.

Fast-Richards-Nash
Zucc-Brassard-Pouliot
Kreider-Miller-Boyle
Asham-Moore-Dorsett

D is obvious.

When Hagelin, Stepan and Cally come back, your remove Asham, and 2 of Kreider/Miller/Fast, unless one of them blows you away, in which case, i think you sit Boyle.

So a month in, hopefully it will look something like this

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Zucc-Brassard-Callahan
Kreider/Miller/Fast-Richards-Pouliot
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Mashinter or Asham

That's an extremely deep lineup. The D is fantastic. The 4th line is basically a third line and better than pretty much any third line we iced last year.

The third line could be very good too, if one of the kids can have a solid year.

It's a very Boston-Esque lineup. No real "stars" sans Lundqvist/Nash. But a very deep and solid lineup.

If a role guys goes down it shouldn't really ruin our chances either, with Miller/Kreider/Fast etc waiting to be called up.