View Single Post
Old
09-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Striiker
I hate zebras

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Let me start by saying I didn't see any of the game and am reacting based on the posts here. If accurate reflections of the team's play in both losses against NJ in the past 2+ days, however, it's all too painfully familiar with the poor habits starting with the loss to the Devils in the 2012 playoffs. Yes, there are players getting decent ice time who won't be with the Flyers come regular season, but if the squad as a whole continues to be ineffective in effectively not only clearing the zone, but coming out consistently in transition into offense, they'll be running uphill all season. And positioning should be drilled into everyone's head by now. They had a week to do nothing but run drills and establish set plays.

I'm not usually one to call for a coach's head to solve the skaters' inability to execute; however, there are some worrisome trends already. We can dismiss the shortened season as an aberration, but I'd think Laviolette is probably on a short leash.
But running drills is very different from a real game, and that's something that the team hasn't been doing as a whole. They had one game of real action with the real team all together and it wasn't like it was a huge blowout. They lost 2-1 and although they started off horribly they picked it up towards the end. It's gonna take time for the new people to get used to playing with new linemates and I don't think any of the lines that will be used next week have been used in more than one preseason game.

As for Lavi, sure he's probably being watched, but that's to be expected in Philly when you miss the playoffs. What I don't get is all the Lavi hate after two games vs NJ that were nowhere near as big of a deal as people are making it seem. It'll be interesting to see the teams first regular season game against NJ after everyone gets back into proper form.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote