View Single Post
Old
09-27-2013, 12:00 PM
SephF
[b][/b]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
apparently MPS is at risk of being on waivers in STL. He is off the 3rd line and is an extra / healthy scratch for the opening day roster.

I would love to have him back as a 3rd line checker. I wonder if STL would do a swap for someone like Gernat / Musil / Simpson
He's not being put on waivers

Quote:
Hitchcock said that Paajarvi has played "opposite" of what the team expected when they acquired him.

"What I mean by that," Hitchcock said, "is his ability to make plays on the rush, his abilities to make plays on the cycle, his offensive instincts were way better than what we thought they were. What we saw in the last 20 games in Edmonton was a high level of tenacity and something you can build on. He hasn't shown that here. He's shown at times like he's overwhelmed, but he's showing more offensive ability than we thought ... ever."

Hitchcock said that he saw a different player in Paajarvi Thursday.

"Today at practice was the first time we saw the player that we traded for," Hitchcock said. "Today when it got down to crunch time and he could see numbers, there's 15 forwards here ... he went at it. He was the guy we thought we traded for today."