Old
01-15-2004, 03:07 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
I don't think the offer is that bad... value wise...

Zhitnik I believe is a UFA after this season, isn't he?? if so his value couldn't be high... and Patrick's value is probably very low...

so it ends up being Skoula = Zhitnik + Patrick. (slightly in favor of Colorado here, so I'd say close to Skoula < Zhitnik + Patrick).

Skoula might not be great defensively, but he's still young, and has had promising moments in his career... I'd say his value is higher than a soon to be UFA??

Hahl + McAllister < Brown

the 1st rounder balances it out.

Value wise I think it's there...

but I don't see why Buffalo has any need to do this deal... the assets they get back don't really help them much.

I guess what they'd want is more of a sure thing on defense... maybe adding Skrastins or Liles in there in place of McAllister, who really isn't needed in Buffalo.

how about:

Zhitnik, Brown, Patrick
for
Skoula, Skrastins, Krestanovich and 2nd pick?

gives the Sabres 2 dmen to rebuild their defense around.... a forward to replace Brown with and still a good pick...

the Avs lose a bit in depth on defense, but still have a good top 6, with an even better top 4! Adding Brown gives them as good a 3rd line as there is in the league when everyone's healthy: (Konowalchuk-Nikolishin-Brown).