View Single Post
Old
09-27-2013, 01:29 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
But it isn't just about re-signing Petro. The difference between what Paajarvi makes and what Perron makes is right around what Jordan Leopold is making. Does anyone remember Leopold in the playoffs last season? Need I say more. The Blues panicked and made a deal where they gave up the better player. Further what Paajarvi is supposed to become is just more of the same defensively responsible, offensively limited players the Blues already have a handful of. If one single, good thing was going to happen out of this trade, it was that Schwartz was going to get more time. Now, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibilities that Hitchcock overuses his old, reliable Morrow and takes minutes away from Jaden.

Perron will thrive in Edmonton. 60 points is a very realistic possibility. I think that the trade absolutely has the potential to be one of the worst in franchise history, and that is really saying something.
Get off it with Schwartz/Hitchcock. Hitchcock just raved about Schwartz and talked about moving him to the Berglund line to "get them going". He played on the top line as a rookie in last year's post-season. There is zero evidence of Hitchcock not trusting him or that somehow Morrow is going to steal his minutes.

Schwartz will get all the ice time he's earned. We'll see if Morrow has it in him to be a top line player. My suspicion is that he is SOME of the time, but won't hold up as the season wears on. Morrow bumped MPS, I could buy that argument. But Schwartz is being used in the same way Steen has been used....plugged into a line to get it back on track.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote