View Single Post
09-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Now 11.5% more Zen
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
I think the key here is having a solid #1- #3 receivers so you can groom the #4 and #5. The problem as I see it is that Koch and Coehoorn were being put in the #2 and #3 role far too often when they clearly aren't ready. The CFL has no AHL to groom these Canadian players and so it requires some depth to be able to do it properly. Koch and Coehoorn may not ever be top 3 receivers but I think the team has mismanaged its share of players including Koch and Coehoorn so far.
Aren't ready? Coehoorn is 27 yrs old with several years pro experience now and he's still bordering on the other side of useless. As I've stated all year having him out there on every down for whatever reason is akin to being shorthanded on every play. Its possibly worse. Because actually checking down on him is a distraction from useful targets. At best he's a drive stopper. When he's not taking unsportsmanlike penalties for stupid **** like trying to punch somebody.

Lets look at his sum contribution last week. 5 balls thrown his way. On two of them the pass is right on his mitts, easy catch, and he flubs both with his typical clumsiness. On a 3rd pass he didn't run his route and the pass went where he was supposed to be. He made it look good though with outstretched hands in the air.. all try this kid..<sarcasm>
On the two passes he did somehow manage to catch he failed to break tackle on either one, and failed to make a first down on either one. He contributed 9yds offense out there while being in for virtually all of the downs. On any play Coehoorn gets hit he grimaces and gingerly picks himself up like he's broken and a stretcher is required. I don't think theres a more obvious case in this league of a player that shouldn't be playing pro football. This guy is a friggen *****.

Sorry to break it to you as well but Koch is not Canadian. He's an import. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that excuse.

As I've stated for years a recieving core consisting of Fred Stamps and junk is mostly junk. (this stated during the long bowman absence) IN every instance yourself and others proclaimed that the receiving core here wasn't at all a problem and that this was just me complaining.

Last edited by Replacement: 09-27-2013 at 04:06 PM.