View Single Post
Old
09-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
Anybody, other than me, a little concerned with results of the first three games? I am not in panic mode, but have my hand close to the button. 9 periods of hockey played and by all accounts, the Whalers have really only played 3 that were competitive. Lots of time in their own zone is killing them. Time to play 60 minutes and get a win.
As I said earlier in the thread, I am not surprised by the slow start. Plymouth lost a lot of talent from last season, and there are a lot of players new both to the team and to the OHL. Also, they are missing two other players that they were hoping would be back -- Wilson and Carrick. Wilson, especially, leaves a big hole on the team. Finally, they are beginning the season with mostly road games, making it more difficult to get settled in.

This is going to be a work in progress, and the first half of the season is going to be a little rough. However, if Vellucci hit the mark on the talent of the players added, the 2nd half of the season should be much better.

After watching the team the last two years with all that talent and high expectations, I came into this year as a fan with a completely different mindset. This is a rebuilding year, and I would consider just qualifying for the playoffs as a success. Hopefully we will see enough this year to get our hopes up for another contending run next season. If the youngsters do not show promise, though, it could be a long next couple of years. I would be surprised if that happened, though, as Vellucci is very good as his jobs -- both GM and coach. We'll just have to show some patience and understanding as fans this year.