Thread: TSN 1260: What's Going On? Part 4
View Single Post
Old
09-27-2013, 05:32 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Rome is a polarizing figure as we can see in here. Either love his show or can't stand it. I've been listening to Rome since the late 90's. He was on one of Calgary's stations for a few years before 1260 came to town.

I can definitely see how somebody new to his show would be like wtf is going on and tune out. If you've been listening for a long time though, the show is hilarious. The inside jokes and soundbytes from the past are what makes the show. Go to Youtube and search for his best takes if you ever want to kill 2 hours laughing your ass off.

Rome at least provided a break from the Oiler talk for a few hours, and the general seriousness of most talk radio shows. I mean, do you people that listen to the radio all day honestly want 12 straight hours of content that is 80% Oilers/NHL related?
This is a hockey board it shouldn't be shocking. There are a tonne of people out there that listen to Rome and refuse to listen to all the Oiler talk, but they are also the same people who don't spend a lot of time on hockey message boards.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote