View Single Post
Old
09-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Regardless of being the #1 or #3 line they have not played well.

If they faced tougher competition as #1 then that's a good thing. How is it a bad thing for a coach to challenge young players in preseason? If you never put guys in a tougher situation then how will you find out if they can give you more and how they respond to adversity?
It's not a bad thing that they were tried out. That's what training camp and exhibition games are for.
But if challenging and pushing them to see how much they can give you, and evaluate where they're at, than why do this ''meeting'' and then use them on the 3rd line?

I don't have an issue with them being given bigger roles. I have an issue with ''analysis'' that question the EGG line without looking at the situation they were put in.
It's as if I told Beaulieu to go on the first pairing, play 20min a game, on the PP and on the PK. After he not so surprisingly looks bad, I say ''hhmmm, I'm worried about this kid''. It's a crappy analysis.

If the EGG line looks bad 10 games into the season as the 3rd line, then okay, it's warranted.

But I think it's pretty telling that they looked rather ordinary playing in an increased role all camp, and when they're given their 3rd line role again, they dominate. I mean really, I don't understand how people can't see this.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote