View Single Post
Old
09-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
And in one of those seasons, they were the best team in 82 games and the LA Kings were one game away from missing the playoffs.

The playoffs are mostly about luck and momentum. Just look at Calgary in 2004 or the Oilers in 2006. Not the slightest hope in hell of those teams winning a Presidents trophy, a Campbell, a Selke, 2 Hearts, an Art Ross, a Jennings, a Jack Adams ect... I would even say the same about the LA Kings.

Really, so the playoffs are mostly about "luck", eh? Then I suppose we can just write off the Nucks march to the finals a few years back as "luck."

VCR's performance in the playoffs has been dismal over the last two years. And, I'm willing to bet that it will be dismal again this year - because the fundamental problems remain.

Good teams win consistently in the playoffs. That's not not just about "luck and momentum." There are always teams that sneak in, like the Oilers, Flames, etc. But, the top tier teams make frequent runs and the teams that just don't have the horses, like the Nucks, continually flame out.