Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs win 3-1 vs Senators
View Single Post
Old
09-28-2013, 03:10 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
That's true in principle, but it's also true that fans' attention spans are frighteningly short. We declare players to be finished way too quickly, just as we declare the next star way too easily.

Diaz made a huge leap last season and showed some great offensive skill, along with very responsible defensive play. No, he's not that physical, but he made very few mistakes in our zone. Overall, he was a big plus until his concussion. Since coming back he's only played a handful of real games plus a few pre-season games. Judging him on this recent tiny sampling is shortsighted.

I love what I saw with Nygren, but he isn't a legit NHL defenseman yet. For all his obvious potential, there are way too many gaps in his defense to allow him to play regular minutes in an NHL season. Right now, he'll cost us more goals than he'll create. Another year or two and sure, it's possible that he, Beaulieu, Pateryn, maybe even Dietz, will make Diaz redundant. But not yet.
Good post. We are quite rich with D prospects. Which reminds me of my main idea:

Bergy has to start trading redundant prospects for young prospects that we need in our cup window.

He has to start being more active this year. If Diaz, Dumont and a pick can get us a big young top 6 winger, or a big young top 4 D man, then do it.

This is Bergy's year. He had better be active, or we blow the Price, Subby, Max and Galchy cup window.

Bergy needs to start trading. We will see if he does.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote