Thread: Post-Game Talk: Season Over.... errr.. PREseason over.
View Single Post
Old
09-28-2013, 08:38 AM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quite a few were gulping about the latter portion of the Big Brich's contract but jesus christ to only get one single year from him? Disgusting and almost no one predicted it. Several were woefully blind to how bad he was last year even 10 or so games in. In true HF style they were real jerks about defending him too, ignored all evidence and asserted everyone else was overreacting. B/c acknowledging evidence apparently = overreacting. Despite his "4 good passes" against Van I believe the point that he looks horrible still stands.

As for Nash I saw BBKers lament the loss of years of good drafting. I'm sorry but Anisimov and Erixon is years of good drafting? Dubs going was not a problem at all and Erixon hasn't done anything. It was a fine trade. I get if people are disappointed he's not scoring 45 goals and he doesn't take over games but if he's an annual 60+ point guy then we win that trade I think (although I'm a massive Anisimov fan and think he could really hit another level).It's definitely silly to actually assert that the Nash trade is a waste. After year 1 I'm pleased. Was hoping for more but what we got was still good.

Just to clarify I understand if some feel this trade WILL be bad when we look at it later on but as of now it's premature to assert that it already is bad
I will say this: I think Nash is definitely overpaid by a good 2 1/4 mil per year which is a significant overpay.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote