View Single Post
Old
09-28-2013, 12:26 PM
BramptonFan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Saw most of the game.

There was a nice Sarnia goal early in the game, waived off with a high stick, did not think is should have been dis allowed. Keep Fox. McDavid and Brown together. Like I said that top line needs some grit and FOX is one of the toughest in the league, who can also put the puck in the net.

When you had Mcdavid, Brown and that Washington pick together, players were taking liberties on McDavid and Brown. Hodgson had a pretty good fight until the end, then the Sarnia player filled his face in, but the kid can hold his own. Wood can skate, but still gets pushed around like a pylon in both zones and in the corners.

Why the scratch with Felker ?? Dansk was good and that kid will be in the NHL within 2 years, all Sarnia goals were good no flukes.

OtterNews, OHL Fan and Brampton Fan, I still think Erie seriously needs a Top 2 puck moving D and then your team is complete. IF you can get a D, who can move the puck like that to your forwards, no one will stop ERIE and yeah I hate to admit it, even London will have their hands full. Looks like you have a surplus of decent forwards. You have to give to get, so I suggest you package, Harper, Felker and Throw in Wood and you will land Top two D. I also think if you look down your forward roster, with the exception of McDavid, Brown and Wood, you have the biggest (Size) forwards in the leauge.

Might go to the Windsor game tonight only an hour and half from home, will report if I do. But I still think Otters get that top 2 D man and you guys as going to the final, but that road goes through the Knights. Cannot wait for the first London vs. Erie Game.
I don't Felker is ready for the OHL and I think other teams feel the same way. It will cost a lot to get a high end defenseman, case in point cory Genovese who is a steady 3-4 defenseman cost connor crisp and Jimmy McDowell. Teams could use that trade as a precedent to get more for a 1-2 guy. teams do not win with a young Defense core that's a fact, last year Barrie (Dotchin, Oconnor, lepkowski, Laser, yuill. Ekblad) the only second year guys on the team were first round picks the year before. London (Zadorov, Matta, Harrington, Hughes, sefton, mermis) all older guys.
As much as I would hate to see him go I think getting a high end dman will cost something like Darren Raddysh, Hayden Hodgson, and a second. It could be why he's playing on the top pair maybe they are shopping him. Don't get me wrong he is an outstanding young player but if you want a high end guy that's what it will cost., they need defenseman who can keep the puck out of our net first but also be decent with the puck. Example Trevor carrick, Craig dunnick, Tyler ganly, Marcus micivor, luke mercer. Pelech, Abraham and Dermott all move the puck prett well and they aren't liabilities defensively.