View Single Post
Old
09-28-2013, 01:04 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
At this point it's getting into Homer-blame territory for keeping Lavi so long when hes either refused, or been incapable of, fixing the teams problems game after game, or even across seasons when he has all the time in the world to figure out what went wrong.

It took him close to 20-30 games across 2 seasons to realize he needed to have a forward drop back to receive the pass. That's stopped working because the opposition keeps pressure on that guy and he's immediately in trouble. We need to move the puck forward as a unit, not as individuals there's no puck support. Nobody is around to help each other; I continue to see a lot of 2 on 1 matchups while a Flyer tries to get clear of the zone. They continue to skate right into the other team while favoring one side of the boards instead of opening the ice by passing across. Boston is excellent at getting out of their end and they do all of these things. They don't look hard to do.

As for Emery, I have to look poorly on Holmgren. They guy isn't mobile. That was clear in Chicago, that he was now a positional guy. We've spent what, 2-3 seasons now watching positional goalies get ruined on this team? Like the Bryz signing, this looks like something that was poorly scouted by Homer and company...they probably just went with the familiar. Schneider and Bernier were available goddamnit.
how many here wanted to give up an asset for a "unproven" commodity. I would of given up a 1st rounder for either guy.
Now we have to deal with those 2 young goalies in our conference for the next dozen years. while the Flyers once again have question marks in goal.
remember the old saying you get what you pay for.
Now there is a chance that either Mason or Emery could work out. I am not banking on it tho. Especially with Mason.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote