View Single Post
Old
09-28-2013, 02:08 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Ah yes, this tired argument. Richards was making $7.8m before he came to the Rangers and did just fine. Was he out of shape at the beginning of last season? Yes, but the contract has nothing to do with it.

But yeah, I don't think he's getting stripped of the A just yet. He's a prominent voice in the locker room. He's also the most experienced voice in there and the only one who has actually won the Cup on the team. I can see the argument for why he should lose it, but I also see the argument why he wouldn't.
The beginning of last season, the beginning of 11-12, and the beginning of this season. A player of his ilk doesn't magically lose talent. He started slacking.

And he signed a retirement contract this time around. Big difference; the feeling of knowing you'll be well compensated for the rest of your career can really change the way you approach it.

Playoff experience means squat when you're a healthy scratch for a good portion of it. He can say "great job out there!" to the players without an A in his jersey, without representing the leadership core of the Rangers.

Yes, there's certainly arguments both ways, I agree. Doesn't change the fact the he couldn't deserve it less.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote