Marleau-Couture-Kennedy
Nieto-Pavelski-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-Burish

Vlasic-Braun
Irwin-Boyle
Hannan-Stuart

Niemi
Stalock

Is my best guess as to the Sharks opening day lineup. Torres and Havlat are on the IR. Stuart and Burish are both nursing lingering "bumps and bruises" but I expect them to play opening day. Demers has been unimpressive to the point where I bet the coaching staff will play Hannan over him, as they are like to do (). The #3LW spot is probably down to Matt Nieto or Freddie Hamilton. Both guys have solid shots at it, but Nieto has been very impressive in preseason games skating with Wingels and Pavelski, and with that lineup needing all the scoring it can get, I think he'll get the nod over Hamilton, who is more NHL-ready and better defensively, but not as dynamic or talented as Nieto. Nieto will be returned to the AHL as soon as Havlat's ready, and Havlat will either take the remaining spot on the Pavelski/Wingels line or play on Couture's RW, with Kennedy moving down. Hertl is guaranteed to start in the NHL, and I'm sure it will be with Thornton and Burns. He will be given every single chance to succeed. Niemi will play ~70ish games, as Stalock is inexperienced.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote