View Single Post
Old
09-28-2013, 10:34 PM
mint
Connor Hockey

vCash: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
How do you know Nichushkin wouldn't be better than those guys? I mean, I highly highly doubt he'll ever be as good as Hall or Yakupov, but who's to say he doesn't get better than Eberle or Perron? I have no doubt he'll be better than Hemsky in a couple years. And what if you move Hall to center permanently?
It's highly unlikely Nichushkin would surpass Taylor Hall, a #1 overall pick who was 2nd in West Scoring, Jordan Eberle, 1 season removed from 70 pts, Nail Yakupov, a #1 pick. Perron on the other hand has been one of the best possession players in the league the past 6 years or so. Nichushkin has a lot to do before surpassing him.

Hall is only at C for the short term due to injuries to the top 2 centers on the team.

Quote:
You don't turn down Nichushkin just because you have winger. Sharks have Thornton-Couture-Marleau-Pavelski at center but there is no way I'd turn down Mackinnon because of that.
There is a difference. Marleau and Thornton are old and their contracts are nearly up. Hall/Perron/Eberle/Yakupov are not even in the primes of their careers yet.

I agree with picking BPA, but I feel Nurse is the better player, so it's a moot point anyways. Monahan on the other hand is another story.