View Single Post
Old
09-29-2013, 02:11 AM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Look, this is through copper and blue tinted glasses - but the Flames are, IMO, the worst team I've seen on paper since the 09-10 Oilers in November. Not even Day one, with a healthy-ish team, the Patrick O'Sullivan on the top-line, (unready)Dubnyk-Deslauriers duo group that lost like 20 straight.

I honestly do not feel like they have better depth or top-end players in any position. Clearly not Goaltender, clearly not top-six forwards. Even on D, I would take Smid-Petry, Ference-Schultz over Giordano-Brodie, Russell-Wideman.

It's not a statement of superiority, it's my firm belief that the Flames have clearly the worst starting day roster in the NHL - and they should, to chase down a couple top-two picks, because Monahan-Baertschi aren't going to be good enough cornerstones.
Yup. It's going to be a real win/lose for me if they blow chunks for the next couple years. It would be nice to see all the arrogant Flames fans go through our pain, and have to do the same loser, dirtbag, rebuild that they mocked us relentlessly for. On the other hand, the thought of them stockpiling Ekblads, and McDavids makes me wanna puke.

McPuritania is online now   Reply With Quote