View Single Post
Old
09-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
But what explains the fact that while Dionne always blew his teammates away in scoring during the regular season, they often outscored him in the playoffs ?

Not me. Half a career as a bad playoff performer followed by half a career as a decent to pretty good one. He's never really put his team in his back for a series like even someone like Briere can say.

Briere's record is definitely impressive, but keep in mind he was an awful defensive player while racking up those points, and that he alway had another center on his team to take the tougher assignments. Ullman was a very good defensively player who usually went head to head against the best center of opponents.
Not saying Briere is the best forward ever not to win a Cup. He is however MONEY in the playoffs. He is better at all aspects of the game in the pressure of the playoffs. Even in the regular season vs. My Sens, when he is challenged physically and "woken up", he literally takes over games, plays with a fiesty edge, goes in the tough spots on the ice. In the playoffs he is always "awake". Reminds me of Doug Gilmour in the playoffs, at least in the oppositions end. Briere is a very underrated player overall. Montreal will not regret signing him. He left both Buffalo and Philly due to $$$ and Cap reasons, not because the team (or it's fan base) did not want him.

If Bourque had not gone to the Avs it would be him. Howe and Propp were huge in Philly. I did not watch Ulman but arguments here have a ton of merit. Park has to be strongly considered. Neely was a force of nature in the playoffs on Boston..... But not the most playoff games. So many worthy candidates that I won't pick one.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote