Thread: News Article: Trade in works for Flyers?
View Single Post
09-29-2013, 08:25 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Gus has always starts off shaky but finishes strong? Care to elaborate on how a guy who has played 60 career NHL games has "always started off shaky" but looks solid for the remainder of the season? The guy has yet to play the equivalent of an entire season in the NHL over his three years of NHL experience. But he always starts off shaky and finishes strong. Why does Gus get all this love around here? If I said the same thing about another player that has only played 60 NHL games over three years, I would get laughed out of here. Hell I get laughed out of here when I say Mez could possibly return to his form of two years ago.
57 of his 60 regular season games came in the past two years. He also had 7 playoff games two years ago, combined that's a little less then 50 percent of the Flyers games in the past two years. It's not nearly enough to say what he is but yes in each stint he started off slow but got better and consequently saw his ice time increased. Even two years ago before his wrist injury Lavi was giving him close to 20 minutes a night, last year he finished the season averaging 20 a night. The more he plays, the better he plays it seems. You don't need 100's of games to notice the trend.

Btw as of late he hasn't gotten much love and there's nothing wrong with that. Most of the Gus "supporters" just want to see him get playing time to see what he'll become.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 09-29-2013 at 08:32 AM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote