View Single Post
Old
09-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Warm Cookies
Til Death Do Us Part

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
It'd be cool if you could read. Have fun talking to yourself.
You said I was hiding behind regular season records when the entire premise of the thread is based on playoff results.

It'll be more productive talking to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
RRP,

You never really addressed, or even acknowledged my earlier post of just how pitiful our playoff losses to the Flyers/Bruins were. In the Flyers series, the Pens set an NHL record for goals against in a 6-game series. The next season, they set an NHL record for fewest goals scored in a series. When you set all-time worst defensive and offensive records in back-to-back years, what else is left? Special teams? I believe we set an all-time worst PK% in the Flyers series as well. Tied for worst PP ever with 0% in the Buins series. Given the talent level, Jack Adams coach, and award winning GM, how can you not be embarrassed by those results? They were among the worst ever losses in the history of the playoffs.
I didn't acknowledge it because ultimately, a playoff series win is a playoff series win, and a playoff series loss is a playoff series loss. By that objective standard, our results have been among the best in the league (even if we believe we could do better).

The thread was created to take the over-excitable element out of the equation and look at what truly matters.

Last edited by Warm Cookies: 09-29-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote