Thread: News Article: Trade in works for Flyers?
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2013, 11:26 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
What about when that proven and injured player is terrible through the preseason? From what I've seen of the two, Gus is preferable.
In fairness to Meszaros, the team itself hasn't looked good this pre season. Meszaros is a symptom of what's wrong with this team - no defensive structure in place and bad decisions are being made simply because of game rust. If the team could use a rehab assignment for Meszaros, that would be ideal. Let him go to Adirondack, get his legs and game back and he's ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Mez has shown little sign of being what we need him to be. He needs to be that guy who can drop bombs from the blue line and help generate offense, while being decent defensively. I haven't seen him come close to doing either in preseason. Can he do that after back and shoulder injuries? He just looks out of place. What will he injure trying to keep up with the play? On top of that, he's likely going to be on a bottom pairing. With his cap hit that doesn't make sense. Gus simply makes more sense than Mez on a lot of levels.
In fairness, this club has shown little of what they need to be. They look disorganized, uninterested and very confused as to what the coach wants. Once again, Meszaros is more a symptom of what's wrong with this club. I'm confident Meszaros can find his game again. The problem is that as long as Laviolette is the coach, he'll never find it in Philadelphia. Get a coach in there that has a clue and Meszaros gets back on track.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote