View Single Post
Old
09-29-2013, 03:19 PM
TGWL

vCash: 500
I don't know if Kreider will ever become a big part of the Rangers. He shows flashes of brilliance, and then often makes you wonder why he's on the ice. He's a Christensen, Wolski type of player where I don't think he'll ever find consistency in the NHL. Obviously, it's too early to tell and a solid year in the AHL will do him wonders. It's like he's got the body and talent for the NHL, but he doesn't have the head for it. You can blame Torts for that, but he's had a fresh start, a full camp to impress everybody and he's still invisible like last season. Aside from the one play where he was soft on clearing the puck and covering the guy in front of the net, which resulted in a goal, he's not even on the rink making mistakes that he can learn from - he's simply invisible.

His value and stock as fallen with the Rangers and around the NHL. I want to see him succeed. All the opportunity has been given to him and now it's time for him to earn his spot, through great play in the AHL. In my opinion, Miller has earned his spot. Kreider shouldn't be on the roster taking it away from him. I'm assuming Fast will be sent down after Hagelin and Callahan make their return.

I'm not hating on Kreider, but there's been so much hype on him, (and we can blame ourselves for believing the hype) that instead of watching the kid grow, we've simply been waiting for him to breakout and be a star. Because of that, he's been a huge disappointment. Unfair to him, but that's just the way it is.

Last edited by TGWL: 09-29-2013 at 03:25 PM.
TGWL is offline   Reply With Quote