Thread: News Article: Trade in works for Flyers?
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2013, 06:33 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
As far as I can tell it's Mez or Gus for the #6 spot. I would much, much prefer Gus in that role than a banged up Mez earning 4 million. Screw the press box, at that cap hit if he can't perform in a top 4, ideally top pairing role, he has no place on the roster.
Why does salary matter if both guys are already on the team? And if Gus really is up to the task moreso than Mez is, well find out it in short time and Gus will be in there anyway. But again, neither player has excelled this preseason, so why give it to the unproven young guy? That has been my point all along. Why not go with the vet who at least has shown in his career he can play well. Gus playing decent in 60 games is not enough to me for him to get the nod over Mez with the preseason that both have had. Gus hasn't looked good, neither has Mez. But Mez has the resume to at least give credence to his being out there. Gus doesn't have that.

Quote:
Believe it or not, I actually like Mez. I just don't see a spot for him on the team. We already have WAY too many question marks; Timonen (for second half), Streit (we don't know how he'll do, frankly), Mason and Emery. We really don't need another, especially since it seems Lavi is the biggest question mark of all.
I think Gus out there is also a question mark. This goes to my point of Gus getting a lot of undeserved love. If Mez is a question mark because he is coming off an injury, why is a guy who has played 60 decent NHL games over three seasons not a question mark?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote