Thread: 2014 UFA's
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
We have an overfilled roster of redundant pieces. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Yes we have depth, but it takes more than depth to be a successful hockey club. It takes offensively talent too.

I'm sorry, it's mismanagement of assets. We are paying a fourth line a combined $9M for the next two years. That's asinine. Add in Spaling's contract who looks like a scratch at this point and you gotta shake your head. There were different options in FA that I would've targeted (granted, not everyone wants to come to Nashville) but fielding offers to someone like Gilbert or Brunner I think have more impact for around the same cost of Hendricks and Spaling.

Buyouts should not even be a consideration for this franchise. I know that we aren't like bottom of the barrel in the red, but we don't have the luxury of tossing money out like Pac Man Jones on a Saturday night. We have one left and that's true, but these actually do cost us. Stalberg and Cullen I get. They are market value for what they bring. Cullen is a power play expert, Stalberg is a work in progress.

The only thing I can really fathom is Poile knowing the league is expanding and wants to saddle that team with Nystrom, Hendricks, Goose, or Spaling. Other than that, these moves beat the tar out of me. We don't even have room for our young guys like Beck and Watson to contribute to any great degree this year. It just seems like Poile cobbled together a line up for this season to put bandaides over deep cuts in this team. Adding Jones and Forsberg are good starts, but we needed to get younger not older.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 09-29-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote