View Single Post
Old
09-29-2013, 09:45 PM
The Dream
User Registered

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
If he goes UFA, it'll be Pittsburgh or Philly. The other club will likely sign Miller.

I think the chances of him going UFA are low, by the way.

ETA: and the chances of him being traded, almost nonexistent
I just could not imagine Pittsburgh adding another player with a cap hit of near or above 8 million.

The Flyers on the other hand have about 18 million $ in defenseman that they could get rid of or LTIR. Pronger 5 mil(retire/LTIR), Timonen 6 mil(retire), Meszaros 4 million (free agent/trade), Brayden Coburn 5 mil (trade), Grossmann 3.6 mill (trade). Plus the salary cap will probably go up by at least 4 million. So that adds up to nearly 27 million of free space. But, Giroux and Read's contracts will take about 7 million. So, now they have 20. If Couturier or Schenn have big years which is very possible, they will need at least 4.5 mil per year. So, now they have about 15. The Flyers will need to sign at least one defenseman, so that will probably cost them 5-6 million. So, now they have around 10. They will probably need to leave some room so unless they can spend 7.5 or less on Lundqvist I doubt they will even try.

In all likelihood he will stay with NYR. Without him NYR will struggle to make the playoffs.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote