View Single Post
Old
09-30-2013, 03:10 AM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
I think it's pretty good. You seem to start the EASHL drop-in games quicker, and I really like the new hitting engine. The only thing that gets annoying is that now, when you absolutely LEVEL a guy, their teammate can start a fight with you in retaliation (they can start a fight if you shoot the puck after a whistle, too).

It just gets annoying, especially if you have a defensive d-man, enforcer, or power forward, that has really high checking, and it seems (at least to me) that I get in way too many fights that I do not want to have, just because I had a big, clean hit.
The thing about this is you have to realize that you can't just recklessly charge into dudes anymore like you COULD in NHL13. You have to glide before you hit guys or take at most 3 strides. If you charge the guy violently then your going to have to fight. I think it's a cool feature that punishes the people that don't THINK before they hit. That's just me, though.

Oh and Jesper Fast and Lindberg aren't in the game because they haven't played an NHL/AHL game yet and are coming from over-seas leagues (I think that's how it works.) Therefore EA can't put them in, legally. If they HAVE played AHL games then I'm not sure what the deal is.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote