View Single Post
Old
09-30-2013, 06:26 AM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
The thing is that Ristolainen was pretty average FEL defenseman last year. He didn't do anything special. I think that north american game fits him better but i wouldn't be suprised if he was sent back in the minors. He has all the tools to play well but it might be too earöy for him. In the other hand if he adjust early it could give him boost for his developement. He could end up as really good defenseman learning from Teppo Numminen. Interesting to see how he does vs how Jones does at Nashville. Could be really good comparison for next season.
He did surprisingly well at the WC camp last spring and I would have let him stay for the final week of camp. Young players with such high potential can take huge leaps in development over short periods of time. Based on what I have seen during the last few weeks, he is much better already than most Finns give him credit for, and I admit that before training camp I didn't think he would even be given the 9-game trial. Nobody knows if he's truly ready for the NHL, but bringing up his last season is not necessarily the best argument here.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote