View Single Post
Old
09-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I know people are joking when they say watch Bryzgalov win the Vezina, but it isn't funny to me. I am not a Penguins fan but it angered me that their GM didn't address their goaltending issue by signing Tim Thomas when he was available. That was the move they should have made, not Bryzgalov.

I do not think Shero is the great GM that a lot of other people think he is, I think he inherited the best and most important parts of his team and there are a lot of GMs who could do what he has done if they had those players, I think there are some who would do better jobs than Shero. At least he started to address some of their issues by getting Scuderi who plays defense and helps with their 2nd biggest weakness.

Relying on his offense to win every game in every situation was a terrible idea, the Penguins won their last cup because they had a couple of shutdown D to go along with their incredible offense and average goaltending.

What angers me most is that they don't need to get guys like Lundqvist or Chara, Scuderi and Thomas would have been an awesome start and even though neither would be a long term solution, both would be immediate fixes for their problems for this season. Adding one more very good shutdown D would also greatly help them and they would easily be overwhelming cup favorites,
Pens really had no chance at Tim Thomas. They simply couldn't afford him cap-wise.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote