Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Florida signs Ryan Whitney [1 yr, 900k AAV]
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2013, 08:01 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 50
He's better than the two other choices (Gilroy/Robak) and cheap at 900k.

If he plays well, good. Might get a 4th (maybe even two 4th's if lucky) round pick at the deadline.

If he sucks, well.. he's playing the role (bottom pairing) that gets blamed for all the **** anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Question for Panthers fans - is Jovo pretty much done? I see he's expected to miss 3-4 weeks but is he likely to come back and play a decent role for you guys or is he more likely to spend most of his remaining contract on the IR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
The expectation is that he will come back in a month or two and hopefully be a decent #6. He and management say he feels good and is on schedule. Whether he gets hurt again, nobody knows. We all expect he'll get injured again at some point though.
I'd add that even when he's been healthy, he's looked like he's lost a step all the time, except during the series against New Jersey. Add into the mix those boneheaded decisions when he decides to join the rush (which works like 1/20 times), he's pretty much useless.

No matter how good of a leader and presence in the locker room he is (supposed to be), there's just a certain moment in a player's career when the player needs to know when to quit. Jovo has passed that moment already and for the team's sake, I hope he realises it after this season.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote