View Single Post
Old
09-30-2013, 10:50 AM
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am one of them and my notion is even more cemented after the first weeks under AV for sure.

We have a deep roster in terms of assets but we can't execute simple plays that like the Islanders execute on a regular basis. Guys like Fast and Allen come in and looks very poised with the puck in relation to guys like Girardi, McD and several others. That is -- not -- the result of lack of talent on this team but 100% the result of lack of preparation and due diligence by the coaching staff the last 3.5 years. The result of coaching a team, very much built from scratch, in the post-lockout NHL like a team was coached in say 2003.
I'm with you. This preseason, the Rangers were passing the puck and making plays more efficiently than most times they did under Torts. And these were kids/4th liners. People think Torts restricted this team. I think it was more of him not fostering good habits and practicing enough set plays. He was a great motivator and pushed a lot of players to be better, but he never came across as a great tactician at the NHL level. I loved him when he was first here, but got tired of his demeanor just like the players.

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote