View Single Post
09-30-2013, 12:19 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by bahn View Post
I definitely had to make myself ignore quite a few parents giving death glares for some reason. Not exactly sure why, but it was an additional lovely thing that made the experience that much better. Trust me, I'm trying to avoid falling into your kids, believe me.
So yeah, apparently I'll just be doing this for another few months, all in an effort to skate better, just eating my humble pie as I fall more than the kids, and getting non verbal nastygrams from upset parents for some reason. (sigh)
this seems to be a universal. Many people don't understand why a grown up would be trying to learn a sport. I started at 40, and I got the same death stares. Plus, it's just awkward to be in a class with little kids. My learn to skate had the advantage of a 15 year old girl being my teacher. "why are you wearing a helmet?" uh, cause I'm 200 lbs, and don't have poor long term planning like a kid?

A couple of the hockey coaches even made a point of coming over and laughing at me while I was putting on my skates. You just ignore it all, and go have fun

redbranch is offline   Reply With Quote