View Single Post
Old
11-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Happy Pony

vCash: 500
This is drawing from memory (I last played in net about 5-6 years ago) so if anyone wants to correct me by all means go for it.

When moving to your left (from the right post) what you want to do is have your leading (left) foot forward parallel to the goal line. Pushing off with your trailing (right) foot which would be perpendicular to the lead foot. Then as your lead foot approaches the post you want to stop by turning your lead foot perpendicular to the goal line. You want the skate to be as close to the post as possible. From this position you can drop to a butterfly position, stay standing, or drop to one knee as the shooter dictates.

The same thing applys when moving from left to right.

No matter what the shooter will have room somewhere. The most important thing is to give the shooter spots to shoot that you can quickly take away (stop the shot). I have yet to see a goalie stop a shot of mine between his knee and the post, because it isn't a natural reaction to straight the leg aginst the post to stop the shot. That's why you should give them spots you can take away, such as high glove side (where everyone loves to go).

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote