View Single Post
Old
09-30-2013, 12:52 PM
massey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by battfan888 View Post
Another strong weekend for the Troops going 2-1 on a 3 in 3 road trip.

Goodrow seems to be picking up where he left off from his 38 goal season last year. His winner yesterday puts him now just 1 behind the franchise high of 23 set by Cody Hodgson.
Goodrow also moved past Sam Carrick for 4th all time on the games played list for the Battalion.

After a very shaky pre season it sounds like Brenden O'Neill has really played well. Despite the loss in the Soo on Friday he only allowed 3 goals in 2 games this weekend. Vincent Praplan and Barclay Goodrow seem to becoming a great 1-2 punch combo, I havent seen much so far but Praplan has looked great from the little I have.
Duda seems to have been a fine last minute edition to the club and if he continues to play well it may force Stan to dump a defenceman when all bodies are back. They could possibly keep Duda and trade somebody out in hopes of getting a bit more scoring.

Reminds me of the 11-12 season when OA Ian Watters had a lengthy injury right at the start of the season and Stan brought in OA Brett Mackie to help out. Mackie played too well to be just let go when Watters got back as the team now had 4 OA's so Michael Santini had to be let go. I still remember that final weekend Santini was with the team, he scored the OT winner in Ottawa in a game that put Brampton past Ottawa for 1st in the east going into the christmas break and then that Sunday scored a hattrick against Sarnia, the next day he was gone.

Troops return to Brampton territory this coming weekend, I may head down to the game in Niagara on Thursday night. I would have liked to have gone to Erie on Saturday if not for a friends wedding.

But the big one for Brampton fans is Sunday when the Troops are in Mississauga. We have organized a group of nearly 50 Brampton fans and we will be sitting directly behind the Battalion bench on Sunday. Hope to make a bunch of noise as one group one last time.
Was at the Sarnia game yesterday.Your goalie looked sharp in the 3rd when Sarnia woke up.Goodrow really stood out in this game.All over the ice.He is an awesome player. Sarnia gave some turnovers to your guys for the 1st 2 goals.I would hope they will send a christmas card to our players.Good Luck