View Single Post
Old
09-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
First 3 games are in the books. 2-1-0 to start the year off is good.

The Pedersen-Matia-Bailey line seems to have some good chemistry. The Llewellyn-MacInnis-Magyar line has some jump and will be interesting to watch as time goes on.

Glad Sterk is doing well in Oshawa. Really he would have been our 3rd line C if he would still be here (unless he played on Faksa's wing), which would give less icetime to some of our younger players. So to me, it works out for both teams.

We need to have a productive winger on with Faksa. Ming is ok and they look like they are starting to adapt to each other, but with our current lineup I think I would rather see a line of Davies-Faksa-Ming. Teskey just isn't a second line player from what I have seen, reminds me of Brandon Fransisco.

All in all, a promising start to the season for the forward group.
We have a decent mix so far, but I agree that Teskey doesn't belong with Faksa. He is more sturdy and sound defensively than Francisco, but equal offensive futility. I definitely would try Davies with Faksa and let him grow.

After that, even though I like the American line, I wouldn't mind giving Magyar to Faksa. That kid has under-rated dishing skills and it's only a matter of time until he lights it up with a few of his own.