View Single Post
Old
09-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
Remind me again when Nieds injury time starts in your eyes?
As if I have to look this up so I can cut and paste it for you again (all available on TSN's player pages, for your future reference):

Knee injury January 2001.
Knee surgery February 2001.
Concussion May 2001.
Back injury October 2001.
Back injury November 2001.
Pinched neck nerve February 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
Ftorek/Robinson covers from 98/99 until 51 games into 01/02 so are you arguing a window of what? Is it even 2 full seasons before his Injury time starts or what?
That has to be the Window you're cherry picking because it sure as hell isn't including Leetch's 00/01 season.

I mean you attempted to dress it up real nice and make it sound better but here's the reality of those 2 seasons.
Niedermayer was 15th in raw points and 14th in PpG.
Turns out I used 3 full seasons instead of just the obvious 2 50-pointers, so not just the 2 years of Ftorek. And in over those three years, he was 8th in points. I really should have used all of the Devils' consecutive 100 point seasons if I was tying him into their success, and he was 3 points (in 1 fewer game) behind 10th place scoring Pronger over those 4 years ('96/97-'99/00). Of course I don't count '00/01, as he only had part of October plus November and December unaffected by injury. And mind you I believe I a quote I provided suggests that he was first encouraged to become more "offensively creative" around '95/96. No more than two years later, we were seeing the transformation.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote