Official Game Thread: NJ-NYR
View Single Post
01-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Join Date: Feb 2002
I was at the game. A few observations:
1) This team did not come out hitting or even working very hard. As such (along with the cold) the building was dead from the start and never got going. I kept waiting for Barny or Purinton to drop the gloves but it never happened.
2) Its time to get Lindros some line mates with offensive skill. No offense to Wiseman (or majicpixie for that matter) but he was all alone out there tonight.
3) It was a good point earned as the Rangers never really played well.
4) With one exception. The 5-3 pk kill was very solid. But it did not result in much.
5) A good point but I gotta say, I'm not satisfied. The Devils were prime for the picking and the Rangers did not take advantage. If Tuesday's effort was a 10 (and it was) tonights effort was maybe a 5.
Big games ahead. The team needs more. With Simon back, I would sit Hlavac and play Wiseman with Messier and Ortmeyer.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by SingnBluesOnBroadway