View Single Post
Old
10-01-2013, 12:24 PM
The Beyonder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
99% of the time when any player signs a contract... 99% of the fan base is going to hope its a good contract and those of us here are going to try to support 'our team.'

its very very very uncommon to see fan base of any team be against the signing their team makes at the moment its signed

but of course we all know that soon many deals are considered 'bad deals' and the fan base is begging someone to take the mistake off their hands

not to pile on toronto... but john michael liles was signed and at the time i said he is a waiver wire type player... most hometown fans ripped me a new one

i am probably guilty of over valuing my bruins... im not perfect... but i will say im sure as hell glad it wasnt my bruins on the hook to kessel now for 8 mill over the next 8 years...

good luck with that

No contract is without risk. Hell if Bergeron becomes even more injury prone and misses 30%-50% of a seasons every year, it's a bad deal. But GM's take that risks when they sign players long-term deals; whether that's Bergeron, Kessel, or Liles.

Last edited by The Beyonder: 10-01-2013 at 12:29 PM.
The Beyonder is online now   Reply With Quote