Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Nathan Beaulieu called up (Oct. 4)
View Single Post
Old
10-01-2013, 01:12 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'm not sure what need Pateryn fills that Beaulieu couldn't/doesn't. Offensively Beaulieu is on another level and would help a rather weak blueline on the 2nd PP wave. Pateryn may have a slight edge (debatable) defensively.

And Beaulieu is not some midget...
This. We have Subban, Markov and Diaz for offence. Also Beaulieu is not a midget but Pateryn is 2" and 30lbs bigger. On a team with the smallest top-nine in the league that's an appreciable difference.

Also yes he can fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Don't you think that saying one player belongs in the lineup because he is "big" is a narrow way of analyzing who is ready to contribute in an nhl lineup?
Yup, Good thing I didn't say that! He also plays hockey well.

Quote:
Pateryn didn't look great near the end of camp. He struggled immensly. Beaulieu wasn't on fire, but he looked okay to good in pre-season, much better than Pateryn, especially in terms of poise and positioning.

While the habs need size on the back-end, they also need players that are competent. Pateryn showed that he isn't defensively ready, regardless of his physical readiness.
Yes Pateryn a bad game or two but in the rest he definitely performed well and impressed. Strong, gritty, clears the crease and wasn't he near the top of the team in preseason scoring?

Anyway I don't mind so much which of them comes up, but kindly show some love for Mr Greg P.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote