Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Nathan Beaulieu called up (Oct. 4)
View Single Post
Old
10-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
This. We have Subban, Markov and Diaz for offence. Also Beaulieu is not a midget but Pateryn is 2" and 30lbs bigger. On a team with the smallest top-nine in the league that's an appreciable difference.

Also yes he can fight

Yup, Good thing I didn't say that! He also plays hockey well.

Yes Pateryn a bad game or two but in the rest he definitely performed well and impressed. Strong, gritty, clears the crease and wasn't he near the top of the team in preseason scoring?

Anyway I don't mind so much which of them comes up, but kindly show some love for Mr Greg P.
I never said he wasn't capable of playing hockey. Based on his pre-season, he didn't look ready at all and struggled despite putting up points and clearing the crease. What's the point of being able to clear the crease when you're going to cough up the puck and get caught flatfooted?

Based on pre-season Pateryn didn't look ready at all, nor did he do enough to warrant being first call up on D.

He has the tools and is still young, but he needs some work. Beaulieu looked better in the two games he played, so not surprised he's here.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote