View Single Post
Old
10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I'd say that if we were to take anything out of it, pre-season has exposed gaping holes on the left side that won't be solved, even when we are healthy.
Psssh, Brad Richards at left wing will solve that problem!

Nah I'm not worried about the Rangers preseason results, sorry. I'm not even terribly worried if they're slow out of the gate this year for the first month or so until they get their full roster back and have a chance to acclimate to a new system.

I also don't really particularly think management is as bad as people think it is, but that's a long discussion I'm not going to make right now.

I am prepared to argue that in general the Rangers are a more offensively talented team than I think many give them credit for, but I think Tortorella started with a team that wasn't particularly deep or talented and even as it got better, he stuck with the idea of "they're not talented, we can't afford to open things up at all". At some point I think he became the "square peg into a round hole" that people are fond of using.

The Rangers aren't a high powered offense team but they should be able to play a good balanced game that allows them to be more creatively offensively while being responsible defensively. They have the personnel for that, and they have the personnel to have a decent power play as well, but it's going to take a coach to figure out how to get that to work.